Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 2 Down

The days are LITERALLY flying by.
It's totally strange because the last deployment, one day seemed like eternity!
I think it has to do with how busy work has been keeping me and how busy my toddler has kept me.
We went on our THIRD Sundried Tomato brunch.
I look forward to it every week.
I look forward to it so much in fact that I decline invitations from friends to do lunch on Saturday.
I am determined to keep this tradition up until Nick comes home...rain or shine!
Nick finally received his first care package I sent him!
I can finally post a pic of a "Romer" care package.
I actually do a lot more to it than the picture deceives....but I have to have a couple secrets that I get to keep to myself.
Afterall, Nick was the envied Marine of his last deployment because of my few little care package tricks :-)
Maybe I'll share some of those later into the deployment. 
I'm gonna be a little selfish though and let Nick bask in "envyness" from his fellow teufels...lol.

I also found this adorable poem:
Dear Lord,
Give me greatness of heart to see,
The difference between duty and his love for me.
Give me understanding so that i may know,
When duty calls him, he must go.
Give me a task to do each day,
To fill the time when he's away.
When he's in a foreign land,
Keep him safe in your loving hand.
And lord, when duty is in the field,
Please protect him and be his shield.
And Lord, when deployment is so long,
Please stay with me and keep me strong.
Amen.

Message #3 at the Sundried Tomato









 My bangs were all in my face in this pic. Shoulda had the host retake the photo. Oh well!

My Valentine's Day care package. I'll post more pics of my other ones as my husband receives them!



1 comment:

  1. Love that care package and you two are looking fab! Prayers are with you and your Nick for a safe and quick deployment. :)



    www.sliverslife.blogspot.com


    xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!