Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mandatory Fun and Romance

 Our weekend started off with my unit's family day...aka...mandatory fun day.
As much as I really didn't want to go, I dragged Nick and Dannika with me to the festivities where everyone acts like they like each other and everyone pretends they're really excited to meet your family...haha.
We ended up having an ok time though.
Nick got to see some of the old recruiters that I used to work with/work for and catch up.
Afterward, we came home to just hang out.
I was expecting just another Saturday night.
Nick told me he ordered Chinese food.
I happily got in my PJ's, washed my face, put my hair up, and I was ready!

That was until...

Sully came over cause he just happened to be "in the neighborhood".
As soon as Sully came over, Nick told me I had 30 minutes to get dressed and ready and that he had made dinner reservations for us at Sarducci's.
He had arranged for Sully to watch Dannika while we went out.
I was in total shock.

but that wasn't it!

He surprised me at dinner by telling me that Sully was staying at our house that evening to watch Dannika and that he made hotel reservations for us at the Mariott Resort and Spa in Dana Point.
He got us a suite that overlooked the ocean.

It was literally 15 minutes away from our house but I felt like I was on vacation in another country!
We ended up hanging out at the hotel lounge to listen to a live band and drink martinis and beer :-)
I felt like we were dating again.

It was so nice to just get away without the baby and have an evening to just focus on us.
It was nice to just reconnect.
I think a lot of times we get so caught up with work and Dannika that we forget about eachother!
This weekend was perfect and exactly what we needed!

Here are some pictures from this morning after we got home.
Dannika was having too much fun with her Uncle Sully to care that we even came home!



Notice her "bed head"

my two goofballs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!