Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday & Traditions

I've never been a "Black Friday" kinda gal.
In fact, I dread crowds, and I love my sleep.
I'm the type of person that would much rather pay full price for something than endure that hell!
In fact...I hardly ever wait for things to go on sale.
I'm so impatient...I usually find myself paying full price for things I probably shouldn't.
But THIS year...
Nick and I decided to see what this whole fuss was about.
I really wanted to get Nick a skilsaw and some other power tools for Christmas, and if you've seen the price of a power tool these days...it's pretty insane!
We woke up at 5am (which for Black Friday is pretty late, I guess) and headed to Lowe's.
When we got there, I was pleasantly surprised with the lack of crowds...in fact...there were NO crowds.
It took me by surprise cause Lowe's had some GREAT deals on bbq's, power tools, wine refrigerators, Christmas stuff, etc.
I was a little disappointed that I didn't see grown men fighting over a table saw that was marked 60% off.
Since it was so early, we didn't even feed Dannika her breakfast. 
We got her sippy cup filled with milk and headed out the door.
She was hungry by the time we were done at Lowe's so we treated her to pancakes at IHop. 
The next stop was Michael's.
I just went there cause I like it there.
I had nothing in particular I needed from there, but we did end up buying our yearly Christmas ornaments there (which I shall get into later).
Lastly...
Wal Mart.
I guess Wal Mart was supposed to be the craziest...
Again, I was disappointed that I didn't see grown people fighting over the 30 dollar crockpot.
It was a little busier in the electronics section, but nothing TOO bad.
I suppose Black Friday is different depending on where you live.
San Clemente is an extremely lazy, cozy little beach town.
I'm sure more people were up at 4am with surfboard in hand to hit the waves than hit a sale.

The day after Thanksgiving has become a tradition for Nick and I to put up our Christmas stuff.
I was so excited to decorate our tree, put up our stockings, put my Christmas centerpiece on my dining room table, and have Nick put up Christmas lights outside :-)
It's also become a tradition for us as a family to go out and buy a new ornament to put on our tree.
It was way fun putting up our ornaments that we've acquired in our short time as husband and wife.
It's so crazy to see Dannika's "First Christmas" ornament!
It really hit me hard how fast time flies, and how I must savor and cherish every moment I get with my little girl!

the ornament Dannika picked out (the color didn't come out that great in this pic)

Dannika's ornament
Our tree

Close up of Dannika's tree in her room

I can't believe that I spent 14 dollars on a pacifier to have it personalized! Dannika only used a paci for like 4 months until I took her off of it. Now it's a Christmas ornament!

My handsome guy

Dannika's first pair of Cowboy boots


My mother in law sent us these last year. It's so fitting this year cause it reminds me of Nick and his Plt Cmdr, Lt. Boera.

Putting the star on!

Dannika being mischievous

She wanted to help her daddy

This is what I get to see when I go to get her from her nap...check out that faux hawk!

Our First Christmas as a family of 3 (last year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!