Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Addicted to Excercise?

Never. 

I do believe there is such thing as an unhealthy exercise habit.
I used to be one of those people.
I used to live in the gym or on the pavement running miles and miles and miles and miles....
I ran to the point where I now have chronic knee, hip, and groin pain when I run.
Although it has gotten a LOT better, it's still something that I just have to live with.
I used to have serious anxiety and would lose sleep at night when I didn't feel like I had an good 2 hour cardio "sesh".

Most of it was fear of becoming overweight.
It's still my fear, but I'm not obsessed with weight like I used to be. 

Being pregnant made me appreciate the human body in ways that a man will never understand. 

Our bodies are an awesome creation of God...it craves attention from you to exercise it...push it to its' limits...our muscles are made to work FOR YOU...our bodies do amazing things like nurture a child inside of it until he or she is ready to come out (can I get an "amen" from all my mothers out there!)..it tells you when to slow down...it hurts when something is wrong...it feels good when you're taking care of it and you're keeping it in shape....

Our bodies have the power to heal itself...

How amazing is that?!

During my pregnancy with Dannika, I gained roughly 55lbs. Healthy weight gain for pregnancy is 25-35lbs. I gained 5-5.
After she was born, it was hard for me to find the motivation to exercise and get back into shape. 
6 months after giving birth, I was 147lbs....that is 27 pounds more than what I used to weigh.

Nick leaving on deployment was a blessing in itself.
It got me remotivated to start being healthy again.

I started running again...but this time....
I added resistance training and cross training.
My diet completely changed.

The result?
I've lost 32 lbs since Nick has left....I've never felt better in my entire LIFE!

I guess you'll just have to wait and see the pictures when Nick comes home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!