Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, ~Dannika Jane~!

I have been so excited for Dannika to turn ONE for so long....

until today...

I was really happy to make her day extra special for her this morning, and all I could think about at work today was her.
I left work a little earlier than usual today to pick her up from daycare to spend a little more time with her this evening.
It hit me on the drive home today, that my precious babygirl was not getting any younger...and neither was I.
It really made me sad. 
If this first year flew by the way it did...I can't imagine the day when she's 18 and leaving Nick and I to go explore the world.



Time truly is precious and way too short...


Dear Dannika...

Wow...you've officially made it through your FIRST year of life! It's so hard to believe that just a short 6 months ago when your daddy was leaving for Afghanistan, you were barely learning to sit up on your own! Look at you now...crawling everywhere...pulling yourself up on things. You're a little behind as far as walking, crawling on your knees, and standing, but we're not worried. You'll do it when you're ready. We blame daddy because you inherited his EXTREMELY narrow feet. Everyone says you're gonna be tall cause of your big 'ol head. I guess the head grows first???? Big head...narrow feet...walking is going to take a little bit longer...lol. This first year has been challenging and fun, and I don't regret any of it. You bring so much joy into our lives it's crazy. Everyone that ever meets you falls instantly in love with you. Daddy's gonna have his work cut out for him when you're old enough to discover BOYS. When you see other little boys, you are an instant flirt. You babble to them, point to them, clap your hands at them, and do whatever you can to get their attention. You can be bashful too though...when you're playing hard to get. It's hilarious for me to watch, but I know I won't be saying that in 15 years. When people look at you, they instantly say that you definitely inherited daddy's ears. I think they're beautiful. People often mistake you for a little boy when we don't put HUGE flowers and bows on your head because of your lack of hair. I think you're the cutest baby alive (but I may be a little biased). You love Nick Jr...everything on it. When Yo Gabba Gabba, Dora, or the Wonderpets come on, you clap your hands to songs and get lost in it sometimes. 
You've got a bond with mommy that most babies will never ever EVER have with their mommies. You've spent the majority of your first year of life with your mommy. You've helped her cope with the stress of daddy being away...and you've become her "BFF". You're a complete mama's girl. We've survived this deployment TOGETHER...just the two of us. When mommy has a bad day, your smile instantly makes her day better. 
You're a handful...but worth every bit of it...

We love you Dannika Jane....



Her "Birthday Suit" that i made for her

Morning before daycare...

the World Famous Sprinkles red velvet cupcake

Happy Birthday, Dannika Jane! We celebrated...just the two of us after mommy got off work today.

Not sure what to do with this thing yet...

Now she gets it...

YUMMY...


Wow...I want it to be my birthday EVERYDAY!


BIRTHDAY MORNING...soooo tired.


She has "attachment issues" to her "blanky"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!