Saturday, July 24, 2010

6 months and 2 weeks down....2 WEEKS TO GO!


I was pleasantly surprised today with my FAVORITE flowers (gerbera daisies) and this wonderful note from my husband. I LOVE getting "just because" flowers. 



Sorry I've been slacking on this blog lately, but my internet has been C-R-A-Z-Y this last week. Cox Communications had to come out 3 TIMES to finally fix it. As frustrated as I was with everything, it still does not change the fact that my better half will be here with me in just TWO SHORT WEEKS....actually...it'll be the two longest weeks of my life!! I have so much anxiety about him coming home that I've been stressing myself out. I should be SO happy and excited that the deployment is finally coming to an end, but the anxiousness of just "waiting" is getting to me! My face is breaking out like I'm 15 again! Thank you Dr. Faraz (my "girl" doc) for prescribing me some Yaz to control my crazy face by the time Nick gets home...............amongst other things....hahaha.

******************************

I got an email a few days ago from Dore Gilbert (Dr. Gilbert) saying that the Army FINALLY approved his commission. 
Most of you would think..."woo hoo...what's the big deal? People join the Army every day." BUT...Successful doctors with their own practice with decades of work experience, a long list of loyal patients, and a blessed life with 5 wonderful children and a beautiful wife who's been with you since you were in your 20's don't just wake up one day and say..."I think I'll join the military because I have a valuable skill that they need right now."

With the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, the military is short on doctors. With so many servicemembers getting injured, it's tough on the military to give all these guys the attention they need because of the lack of medical personnel....when it's them...of all people that deserve all the best healthcare treatment and care that they need so that they can either return to serving their country  or be able to maximize their abilities despite their injuries to live a normal life again.

I truly admire Dr. Gilbert. I've never met anyone in my life who is so compassionate about our country and the freedoms that we have. 
I met him through his son, Kevin who was recruited out of my office. The Gilbert family has become an extended family to me. When Nick deployed, they took Dannika and I into their family with open arms. I've spent a good portion of my Sunday evenings since Nick's been gone having a good homecooked family meal with their entire family. That, and I can't say no to Gloria's cooking. 
I consider myself blessed to have 3 sets of parents...Nick's parents...my parents...and the Gilbert's. 

So today was Dore's unofficial swearing in...as a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army. I was privileged and honored to be able to attend. It was so inspiring!



******************************

LASTLY...

Dannika had a playdate today with Kanoa :-) She got to go swimming!

Kanoa has a foot fetish....

Don't they make a cute couple?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!