Thursday, January 3, 2019

A New Orleans Wedding (pt 3...the final day)

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Our family just returned from a short getaway to Goodyear, AZ to visit some dear friends of 10 years of ours to ring in 2019. We have been settling in back home, and getting ready to get back into the "school routine". I hope everyone's 2019 is amazing! I am definitely looking forward to a new year here in Arizona!

Finally! Here is the blog post everyone has been waiting for...the actual wedding!!!! Our family got so busy over the holidays, so I didn't get a chance to jump online to blog about my cousin Mark and his WIFE, Lisa's actual wedding day. 

Their wedding was absolutely stunning. It was a formal wedding, and not a single detail was left out. Their wedding ceremony was held at "The Cabildo" in Jackson Square. It was an absolutely breathtaking Spanish Colonial building right next to St. Louis Cathedral. It is a museum by day for local tourists where you can see all kinds of artifacts from old New Orleans, and learn about the history of the town as well. 

The prettiest flower girl I ever did see...

And have you ever seen a ring bearer this cool in your life?!
I think not.

I LOVED my dress...

All the cousins (minus baby Zoe)
Dang...I have a good-looking family.





The groom and the ring bearer!


I call this photo...
"the Matriarch and Her Cubs"


These are the only photos I got of the venue, and they don't do it any justice.
They had kindly asked no one take photos with cell phones during the ceremony, so we are all patiently waiting for the professional photos!
I loved that no one had their cell phones out during the wedding. 
As a guest, I enjoyed being able to watch the ceremony without someone in front of me annoyingly trying to take a cell phone photo, blocking my view.
Everyone got to just enjoy the wedding.

Here are my parents with Nick and me!
It was so nice to see Nick at a formal event in something other than his dress blues.
Look...I LOVE him in his dress blues (because he looks sexy af in them...), but man...he really cleans up nice in a tux too.

 Me and my babe.


The reception was held at "Capulet by the Water". It is a restaurant on the week days, and they host banquets and wedding receptions on the weekends! It is an 1800's warehouse that has been restored to a cool eclectic space. They had an amazing live band, and the appetizers and food was delicious! It was such a neat place, and we really enjoyed everything about it!

The ring bearers and flower girls!
They were so fancy.

Best uncle ever.
Nick asking my niece Lulu to dance.

Cause no trip to the bathroom with a bunch of girls is complete without a bathroom mirror selfie.
These are my gorgeous cousins (in high school) and old me.


My mama and her first son-in-law

Nick dancing with my oldest niece, Lyla.

I'm pretty sure this was the best part of the reception...
An actual ice sculpture of my cousin Mark!!!!
(Note, his body is actually not this disproportionate)
This was a surprise for him from his wife.
It was actually a luge. You could alcohol from his head, and it came out of the bottle of liquor carved into his hand. 
It was great.


We haven't seen too many of the professional photos yet. Once I get a couple, I'll post them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!