Sunday, December 23, 2018

A New Orleans Wedding (pt 2)

Here is part 2 of a 3 part series of posts about our family's getaway to New Orleans for my cousin's wedding earlier this month.

One part of weddings that I always stress about is the attire for different events. I never want to be the person that is underdressed, but being the overdressed person can also feel a bit awkward. When I saw that my cousin's wedding rehearsal dinner was at the New Orleans House of Blues, I knew I wanted to wear something festive and sparkly. I was told the attire was "cocktail". As a 34 year old woman who has attended multiple weddings and military functions, I know that "cocktail" means different things to different people. I wanted to make sure I was going to be appropriately dressed. I think I asked my cousin's fiancé a million times about the attire for her wedding festivities. I eventually went to Instagram and did a poll about the outfit I had chosen to wear, and literally 41 out of 42 people told me to rock the outfit I had chosen.


I chose a rose gold, sequined jumpsuit.
I was extra and sparkly.
I got compliments on it ALL night by friends, family, and random strangers in the French Quarter.
The only downside to this outfit was the 4inch heels I wore.
We had to walk from the wedding venue to the rehearsal dinner, and even a short 5 minute walk is horrible in 4 inch heels on cobblestone sidewalks. 


Sweet Dannika rocked her cowgirl boots, of course.
And I always say, no one looks better in a bowtie than Mattis.

I mean, please...

My sweet cousins Michael and Daniel! I can't believe they're grown ups now!
One thing that I love about weddings is that it brings people together.
It's tough for our family to get together because we are so spread out all over the country.
Even holidays are a hit or miss since we have significant others and extended family that we have to split our time with.
It was so nice to have my entire family together!

My mama and me.
My mom's prettier than yours....

The food was amazing.
Their hors d'oeuvres were even better.
I really only came for the food....and wine...


My handsome date and me!

Here we are with the bride and groom!

The boys decided to do some squats...

My sister and me!

I consumed a little more alcohol than I had planned, which made me hungry...
So on our way back to the hotel, we got some boudin off the street from a street vendor.
I honestly don't remember if it was tasty, but I'm going to assume it was.

We had an absolutely blast at the rehearsal dinner mingling with our family and meeting new friends. The food was amazing, and drinks were flowing (a little too much for me...yikes). The House of Blues New Orleans was amazing, and we'll definitely be going back if we find ourselves back in New Orleans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!