Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Highlight Reel

I wanted to blog about our family's Christmas in Nashville, but since it's New Year's Eve,  I figured I'd give y'all my 2017 "highlight reel". 2017 was an amazing year for my family and me. It was a year of change, saying goodbye to the "old", and the start of new beginnings. Here are some of my favorite memories of this year!

We rang in the New Year with our wonderful neighbors!


I FINALLY got to order my Aggie ring in the Spring!
It was such an amazing feeling to get to do something I had waited my entire life to do!
It was definitely a day that will stick out in my mind forever.

Dannika chose to be baptized!
It was so special, because SHE chose to get baptized.

Nick won an award from the city of College Station for his work in our neighborhood!

Nick and Dannika went to their second daddy/daughter dance.

We Spring Breaked in Arizona!

D finished 2nd grade!

Our family did a little getaway to San Antonio!

Nick and I found ourselves back in SoCal in Laguna for our friend's wedding!


Dannika (and Addy) turned 8!

We found ourselves back in Southern California (in the inland empire this time) for ANOTHER wedding!

Dannika went to summer camp at Camp Carolina Creek!

Nick was promoted to MSgt!

 My last day of college!

I FINALLY got my Aggie gold!!!!!!

 Nick and I graduated TOGETHER!

Nick commissioned as a 2ndLt in the Marine Corps.

I dunked my Aggie ring in Michelob Ultra in 52 seconds!

 Our family went on vacation to XCaret, Mexico!

 My sweet boy turned 4!

Thanks to Hurricane Harvey, Dannika and Mattis started school a day late.
D started 3rd grade and Mattis started Pre-k!

 Nick and a couple Aggie Marines got to go down to Houston and help out with Hurricane Harvey relief efforts!

My handsome boy's first school photo!

A rainy Halloween!

The Astros won the world series!

Snow in Texas! Crazy!

I got to finally meet my new niece, Zoe.

Ending the year with my main squeeze!

2017 was full of so much change, and I couldn't imagine doing it any other way. Our family got to do a lot of traveling, and got to spend it with the ones we love most. It's hard to believe that this time, next year, we will be living somewhere completely different! We are up for the challenge and new adventures that await us in 2018. I hope everyone had a wonderful year. For those who had a year of hurt and disappointment, I just wanted to leave you with this...
You are not alone. God sees you. As hard as it may be to be optimistic, I am a firm believer that a good attitude and optimism can change the world.

Happy New Year, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!