Monday, April 17, 2017

Long Overdue

For an update!!!!

I haven't gotten on the ole blog as much as usual because of life. If you follow me on Instagram, I think that I do a pretty good job of keeping y'all up to date on Romer shenanigans. But for those of you who don't follow me...here is an update...via photos...


We have annual family tradition of dyeing Easter eggs...
Nick thinks it's ridiculous...but he admittedly ends up having fun!



I have been an Aggie my entire life. I went through a period of rebellion where I was "over it", but it wasn't until I left College Station to join the Marines when I really missed Texas A&M (for those who don't know...I grew up here). At 33 years old, I finally get to fulfill my dream of becoming an "official" Aggie! I ordered my Aggie ring this weekend! I couldn't have gotten to this point in my life without my family, and most importantly God. I hit a lot of rock bottoms to get to where I am today, and I am grateful for grace. This ring means more to me than I can even express!

Me and the love of my life!

Our sweet firstborn...

As "non traditional" students, Nick and I have really made an effort to open our home up to our fellow Aggies.
Many of them are far away from home, and eating out all the time.
I love cooking for them, and having them over to our home!
One of the midshipmen in the Corps of Cadets at A&M is from New York, and we've sorta adopted her!
We finally got to meet her parents this weekend who flew down to little old College Station from New York!
They were so sweet and so generous, and we were glad to have finally met them!

Our church holds an annual Easter Egg hunt for our community every year called "Egg the city".
 They had over 120,000 Easter eggs and over 10,000 people showed up!

One of the beautiful moms from Aggieland Pregnancy Outreach's teen mom outreach!
She's absolutely amazing, and starting college in the Fall!





A random pic of a sweet potato from our very own garden!

My parents came up from Houston this weekend with a cooler full of delicious Korean BBQ!

My kiddos LOVE when Papa and Gigi come to visit...especially cause they always bring gifts and money...lol.
Can y'all believe my beautiful mama is 57?! 
Me either!!!

As mentioned in yesterday's blog, our family participates in many secular Easter traditions....one of which is the Easter bunny!
My kids love leaving a trail of baby carrots outside leading to our front door so that the Easter Bunny comes to our house!

Dannika wanted to make sure exactly where the bunny needs to go!

We don't do candy for our kids, because they get enough of it at school and from friends for Easter.
I usually buy them a gift, and stuff their basket with healthy snacks and treats.

Mattis is starting preschool in the Fall, so I got him a back pack and lunch box from Pottery Barn just like his big sis. He was over the moon!

Dannika has been bugging me for a pair of Hunter rainboots for as long as I can remember. 
I have pair that I wear ALL the time, and Mattis just recently got a pair (we use them as play boots for him).
Dannika's size boots are pricey, and I told her I wasn't going to spend that much on boots for her.
She asked the Easter bunny for a pair, and the "Easter bunny" got them for her a size bigger than what she wears so she can wear them for a year.
She wore them all morning....win!

Our nannies get Easter baskets too!
Sparkling wine, chocolate, and a scented candle....what every college girl needs!
We can never get a good family photo...
Thanks to Mattis....

Future J. Crew model

 For my birthday, my neighbor Kayla took me out to this new little wine and coffee bar by our house called the Tipsy Bean!



Our sweet nanny, Rachel got her AGGIE RING last week too!!
Of course we had to be there!!


Our neighbor commissioned into the Navy as a chaplain and asked Nick to be his first salute!
It was such an honor!

We went to an Aggie baseball game...



 Nick hosted a 5K with A&M Semper Fi Society, and Clayton Gardner came to perform!

Dannika ran her first 5k, and came in at around 42 minutes!!!

So there's my life in a nutshell these days!

I hope to get to blog a little more, but who knows!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

1 comment:

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!