Sunday, March 20, 2016

Pancakes, Fried Chicken, & Country Music Hall of Fame

It's the first day of SPRING, y'all!
It's one of my favorite seasons of the year.
Unfortunately, we are spending our day at home, and not at our wonderful church today because we have a sick child. 
I guess it gives me a chance to blog though!
I know y'all have been dying to find out about the last part of our trip to Nashville.

We started our third morning in Nashville bright and early to have breakfast at the famous Pancake Pantry!
We got there around 745, and didn't have to wait in line, however, when we left at around 830, there was a line already forming out the door!
People will wait in line for hours to eat here!
Just about everything on the breakfast menu comes with their famous pancakes.
I chose a healthy egg white omelet (no cheese) with jalapeños, mushrooms, and turkey.
It came with 3 fluffy buttermilk pancakes.
All of it was DELICIOUS!

After stuffing our faces, Nick and I went on a 4 (ish) mile run around Nashville to burn off those pancakes!
 Then we headed to a little suburb just 20 minutes out side of Nashville to take the kids to a trampoline park.

They had a blast, and definitely burned some energy off!

Before our trip to Nashville, I told my brother in law that the ONLY place I NEEDED to see in Nashville was the Country Music Hall of Fame.
As big country music fans, we decided this was a "must see".
Besides, how can we go the NASHVILLE...the country music capital of the WORLD, and not see the Country Music Hall of Fame?!
My brother in law is not a fan of country (he didn't know who Johnny Cash was...seriously), so he just dropped us off.
We had lunch at a delicious and way overpriced taco joint (Bajo Sexto Taco) next to the CMHF where they served me wine in a can.
Surprisingly, delicious!


 Even with a military discount, the admission prices were pretty steep.
I'd still say it was worth it though.

Elvis Presley's car.
The entire inside of it was completely gold plated!

Elvis's gold piano


The man in black...the Legend.

Can you guess which blonde famous country singer this outfit belonged to?

Because Reba and George are legends too...

The outfit Carrie Underwood wore the night she won American Idol.

And last but not least...
T-Swift!

The museum was set up so nicely, and just walking through it and seeing the history and roots of country music was just so neat!

Random pic of me and my adorable niece...

We had a little bit of time to kill before dinner, so we took the kids to the park.

I think in our short stay in Nashville, we checked out at least 3 different parks.
There are so many parks to take the kids too, and they all have their own bit of uniqueness to them.


Our last night in Nashville, we went to have dinner at the famous Café Loveless.
If you watch the Food Network, there is a show called "Throwdown With Bobby Flay".
Café Loveless is famous for their homemade biscuits and homemade jams.
Café Loveless was featured on an episode where Bobby Flay competed to make a better biscuit and jam.
If I remember correctly, Bobby Flay lost.

I wanted to try their signature moonshine, but not brave enough to drink it straight.
It literally tastes like gasoline.
So I ordered their famous bloody mary, but instead of vodka, they mix it with their moonshine.
It was a perfect mix of spicy and tang, and the moonshine was delicious.

I ordered their fried chicken, fried okra, and stone ground grits with butter.
Nick had their gigantic chicken fried steak with white gravy and mashed potatoes with brown gravy. 
The food was the DIE FOR.
Not a place to diet!

Google Café Loveless, and read about its' history and why it's so famous in Nashville!
It really has such a cool story on how it came to be!
The grounds of the restaurant has two adorable gift shops where you can purchase their world famous biscuit mix and homemade jams.
There is also plenty of room for the kids to run around and play as well!

D thought this old tractor was pretty cool.

On our last morning in Nashville, Nick and I took the kids to a local coffee shop (walking distance from my sister's house) called Fido.
Like it's name would suggest, it's a pet friendly coffee shop.
I had a "mustachio" latte...basically a latte with sage syrup (delicious!).
They also made the most delicious chocolate milk ever (which the kids got).

This place gets busy too!
We tried to come here our first day in Nashville, and the line was out the door! 
Nick ordered a boring mocha, but they added some coffee art to it.

And like that, our trip to Nashville came to an end.
We flew home out of the Nashville International Airport.
The airport was so cool!
It was all decked out in music decor, and there was live music playing everywhere!
I think even the airport is worth visiting!
We were so sad to leave.

But happy to come home and see our wonderful neighbors!
Seriously, do your neighbors leave your favorite bottle of wine on your porch with a sweet note saying they missed you?!

We had such a blast in Nashville, and are already planning our second trip there!
If y'all ever get a chance to drive through there or need a vacation idea, I HIGHLY recommend Nashville!
It literally became my SECOND favorite place in the world (next to Texas).
Beautiful southern California was bumped down to three in my book!
That's how awesome it is!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun! I'll have to check out the Pancake Pantry if I'm ever there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pancake Pantry= heaven! On the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I love Nashville. I'm hoping once this baby gets here we will be able to get down there and explore some more since we are only an hour away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that music can be a powerful healing force. For a time, I was planning to become a music therapist. This sounds like a great program.wow! very nice post. Thanks for sharing such an informative and helpful posts. I've a newborn and I can really see how some of your advice really work

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!