Monday, January 18, 2016

Half Birthdays & Bad Haircuts

I haven't blogged in a while. 
I've honestly just been soaking in the ridiculous amount of time off I've had over the winter break.
Fortunately (maybe unfortunately?), the grind of classes start tomorrow.
The break's been so long (a month!) that I am really looking forward to getting back into a routine again.
My classes are all in the morning, so I'll still get to pick up Dannika from school every day, and do my "motherly duties" of driving her to gymnastics and play dates. 
Luckily, our nanny from last semester will still get to come once a week to watch Mattis, and she gave us a wonderful referral for a new nanny for us this semester from her sorority.
I feel like Mattis will eventually become the Texas A&M Zeta Tau Alpha mascot....lol.
I'm sure he wouldn't mind being surrounded by adorable and young sorority girls.
Other than that, life has been pretty uneventful!

Since Dannika has a Summer birthday, her teacher let her celebrate her 1/2 birthday!
She asked me to bake her cupcakes....
I bake once a year...
For Christmas...
The things we do for our children....
 They turned out great though!
Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting from scratch!

 The "half birthday" girl...
Funny how when you ask her how old us is, she always replies "6...AND A HALLLLF!"
Those 6 months towards becoming 7 are such a big deal to kids this age.
I love it.
 Love being this angel's mama.

What else...

Mattis got the worst. haircut. ever. 
 He normally goes with Nick to get a haircut in town, but I was lazy.
So I took him to the barbershop by our house.
Never. Again.
 I PAID FOR THIS MESS!
I really wanted to yell at the poor girl, "You had ONE job. ONE JOB."
But I have a soft spot in my heart for people in customer service.
So I bit the bullet paid for his haircut, and left the barbershop in borderline anger/tears.

Thank goodness he's such a cutie...


Dannika had a special project for school over the weekend.
She had to perform a random act of kindness, and send a photo of her doing it to her teacher.
She chose to take hot coffee to the College Station Police Department on a chilly Saturday afternoon.
She was pretty excited!

Life's been pretty awesome getting to spend so much time with these little ones.
But we are ready for some routine back in our lives!

Happy first day of classes tomorrow to my fellow Ags!

4 comments:

  1. Even Mattis can pull off a bad haircut, he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, his little haircut! He's still so cute, though! Also, I LOVE that Dannika's teacher assigned them to perform a random act of kindness... how cool is that?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her random act of kindness choice. Seems like things have been going well and I really hope y'all fall back into a routine quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mattis is so adorable! He can pull off any haircut. I'm so jealous that you get to make cupcakes for Dannika's class. Here in Maryland everything has to be store bought. Your cupcakes look so good they look like they can pass for that though. :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!