Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Snowpocalypse 2015

People keep talking about this "snowmageddon"/"snowpocalypse" that is going on in New England?!
People up there keep posting pictures and stuff on Facebook about some ridiculous cold weather and massive amounts of snow...

Because meanwhile...
In TEXAS...



Yep...that's 82 degrees...


Notice my sandals, sleeveless dress....and Dannika's attire...

Oh, and we grilled and had dinner and wine outside on our patio tonight...


I was actually really worried about our friends in New England.
I was watching the news like crazy to get details on the blizzard that hit them yesterday.
I was freaking out about the possibility of some of them losing power for DAYS (according to the news).
But of course, most of our friends are "hardcore New Englanders", and none of them seemed too worried.
I guess if you've lived there long enough, a blizzard every few years is bound to happen, and it's nothing out of the ordinary.
I lived through one of the all time top 10 blizzards of Massachusetts...."Nemo"...

That blizzard pretty much solidified my decision that New England would NEVER be my forever home. 
Some people can hack it during the LONG...COLD...LONG....MISERABLE...LONG...SNOWY...LONG winter months of the northeast.
Did I mention long?
While watching all the news reports about the blizzard, and seeing all my friends post their snow photos, I sat here in good ole sunny Texas thanking the good Lord for bringing us here.
Nick and I grilled on our porch tonight, and ate dinner in our backyard...
We listened to country music, watched the sun set over our fence, and drank wine...
We both kept telling each other how we couldn't believe that we were doing this in January.
All of my close friends and family keep telling me how much more happy, upbeat, and positive I seem since moving down here.
I honestly feel better.
My marriage is awesome...my relationship with my kids is awesome...
I feel like I am where I belong, and it's gonna be tough when we have to leave here.
I've been making the most of our time here, because I know it's limited.
We drove down to Houston last weekend to take my mama out to lunch for her birthday.
I realized I hadn't spent a single birthday with my mama since I left the house at 18!!!!
She was really happy that we could do little things like go out to lunch on a random weekend. 
Anyway...
School has been taking over my life!
My kids are barely fed!!!!
(OK...just kidding...don't call CPS...)
We hired a part time nanny (an Aggie, of course!), and she's been a HUGE help so far!
I'll try my best to keep up with this blog.
I'll do a post on time management soon...
I feel like I'm an expert on time management (thanks to the Marine Corps), but being a full time mom taking 18 credit hours is a whole different beast!!
I had a nervous breakdown last week, and poor Nick got the brunt of it!!

I hope y'all are having an amazing 2015 so far!!
And to my New England friends...
Stay warm! Our home is always open to y'all!

And some random photos...

Nick's best friend from high school (who lives in Alabama still) is in Texas this week for work!
He stopped by our house for a few hours to hang out!
(disregard the auburn shirt....)

Mattis' bedhead...
 Alfalfa?

Nick set up two computer screens for me in our office so that I could do my school work!
Best hubby ever...


I took some Valentine's Day photos today of the kids....
This one makes me smile...


1 comment:

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!