Monday, January 5, 2015

New Years Block Party

 I guess I can start with a "YAY FOR AN AGGIE BOWL GAME WIN!"
We didn't have the greatest season, but I'm just happy we ended on a high note.
Here's to next season!
Ever since having children, New Year's Eve has become way different for us parents than before we had kids.
The nights of partying till the wee hours of the morning are over. 
OVER.
I believe last year, we all stayed up and played Kinects bowling (exciting, huh?).
Dannika was determined to stay up until midnight, and she insisted she was just going to take a little nap at 1030 that evening because she was tired.
She didn't wake up, and she missed the big count down.
Nick and I stayed up, had a glass of peach champagne, and went to bed.
#lifeafterkids

But, this year, Nick and I had planned to hire a sitter and pay an outrageous amount of money (for working on New Year's Eve of course) so that we could go out and enjoy ourselves.
I even looked up some New Year's Eve parties that were going on around town.
But, at the end of the day, finding a sitter was dang near impossible, and we didn't want to drive all the way down to Houston to leave our kids with my parents.
So we went with plan B.
We found out none of our neighbors had plans, and we collectively decided to do a block party!

Nick got a new smoker for Christmas, so of course he had to smoke some meat!
pork shoulder and ribs!! yum yum!
 One of the last sunsets of 2015...

Texas style New Years...
Football game on a flat screen outside, fire pit, smoker, BBQ grill....



First pic of us as a couple for 2015!!!!

Friends :)





New Years was a blast.
We ate tons of food, drank some good beer and wine, laughed until the wee hours of the morning, and most importantly spent it with awesome people.
Dannika stayed up until JUST BEFORE midnight before she passed out...maybe next year... :)
We spent New Years day just lounging on the couch and watching TV in our jammies.
It was a perfect start to 2015.
I took ALL my Christmas decorations down the day after New Years.
It felt good to declutter, and get rid of all the glitter, garland, lights, and trees.

Here's to a wonderful 2015!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun night!!!
    Abeautifulministry. Blogspot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a fun night! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo that meat looks awesome.

    I don't watch football, but I like the food that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year. Not sure how well I would do in Texas but that all looks like fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks like so much fun! Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great time! I'm so jealous of how awesome your neighbors always are, we've never had good neighbors! :(

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!