Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Korean American Thanksgiving

Thank y'all so much for the outpouring of love and support for our family during our difficult time!
Hearing about some of your own personal losses made us feel a little less alone.
My mother in law's funeral will be held in England on the 16th, and Nick will be flying out there to pay his final respects for our family and the rest of his brothers and sister who can not make it out there.

 
This year is our family's first official Thanksgiving as residents of Texas!
It was so nice to not have to worry about packing and making crazy travel plans to spend Thanksgiving with my family.
We literally woke up Thanksgiving morning, got dressed, and drove an hour and a half to my parents house...almost as easy as Dorothy clicking her heels to go home!
We had our Thanksgiving dinner at my Uncle's high rise condo in downtown Houston.
The view that we get from his condo of the Houston skyline is absolutely breathtaking.
 As always, my family boasted a traditional American Thanksgiving meal with turkey and all the fixins' ON TOP OF a myriad of Korean dishes!
I call it our "fusion Thanksgiving", and I am so blessed to be a part of it!

The girls in my family are seriously the prettiest.





My aunt Hanna and my Dannika!
 

Nick did the honors of carving the turkey.

My grandpa and Mattis

Dannika and all my cousins.


See that gorgeous skyline in the background?
It's even better looking at it through floor to ceiling windows.




My mom and I

Drinking some Silver Oak wine from Napa while chit chatting with the fam.

We also get an awesome view of the fireworks and the lighting of the Christmas trees from the balcony of the condo.

And Nick's favorite part of Thanksgiving at my Uncles house is going to his gun room to check out his guns.
This is just one section of the gun closet!!
I'll be heading over there during the zombie apocalypse! 

I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving, and got a chance to reflect on all the things to be thankful for.
We truly do live in a country where freedom is something we take for granted.
Happy belated Thanksgiving to y'all!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful Thanksgiving you had! Your right, you have a beautiful family

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!