Sunday, December 14, 2014

A "Little Big" Town Called AGGIELAND

I admitted it already that I've been totally slacking on this blog.
I totally have good reason, but apparently it's not good enough for some of my friends/readers. 
I really have been enjoying life in Texas so much that I really haven't had time to blog.
This is home for me, and as the saying goes, "there's no place like home."
When I tell "non College Stationers" that I'm a native to this town, they look at me bewildered.
"OMG, You had to LIVE here your WHOLE life?!"

I mean, I'll admit...the shopping here kinda sucks...the mall sucks...we have no Nordstrom's...
It is a town overrun by chain restaurants (thanks to the college students).
They say it like I must have had a horrible life cause I was raised here, but honestly, I couldn't think of a better place to grow up.

I call College Station the perfect "little big town".
Because of the University (Texas A&M..whoop!!!), the population is around 100,000 (because they count the students).
Anyone who lives here knows that when summer break/winter break comes around, this town becomes an absolute ghost town.
But I love that the permanent residents here all know each other (whether it be personally or through someone....a friend of a friend of a friend type deal).
This place is home to me, and to me, home is the best place on earth.
I spent 10 years in the most beautiful part of the country...Southern California.
"So Cal"...where you have 350 days of AMAZING weather...gorgeous beaches at your finger tips...Disneyland...Los Angeles...San Diego..........
Never a dull moment there which is why I call the "OC" my second home away from home.
BUT...even with all the California sunshine, Texas is where my roots are, and it's where I feel most like myself.
I can say "y'all" and "fixin' to" without anyone giving me weird looks...
Kids call grown ups "Mr." and "Mrs." and say "Sir" and "Ma'am".
College football is a religion here....it comes second to God.
I can drive an hour and a half and be surrounded by my family...
This is MY home...MY roots...
The Marine Corps can take us all over the world, but at the end of the day, Texas is where I belong.


We live on a cul de sac, and Mattis' favorite place to sit and chill is in the middle of the cul de sac on the curb.

After two miserable Winters in Massachusetts, this picture makes me so happy. I walked my daughter to school in December wearing a skirt!!!!!!!
 My son loves balls. 
He's obsessed with any object that is round and even resembles a ball.
I can confidently say that his first official word is "ball".



He cried and cried and cried when he saw this stuffed basketball at Hobby Lobby, and I finally gave in. He was BEYOND THE MOON excited when I finally let him have it...


A look of straight VICTORY! "yes!!!! Mom got me the ball!!!"

Our friends have chickens, and we went over to see them on Friday. Mattis just thought they were the coolest things ever. He barked at them like a dog cause he thought they were dogs...lol.

With Nick being gone this week, life has gotten a little crazier taking care of the kids alone. I cherish the evenings when they are both in bed, and I can relax with a glass of wine...

I WISH I TOOK A FREAKING BEFORE PIC!!! I've been on a new work out program the last month and a half with Nick. I've been lifting a LOT more weights on top of a cardio routine. My abs have never looked so defined and so hard. I've always wanted to have that little crease in my hip area, and I finally got it!!! GAINZ!

Random photo of my little man eating his lunch...turkey sausage, raw bell peppers, and cheese.

My favorite part of our house is that we are literally a 2 minute walk away from the neighborhood park. 
It's literally at the end of the street.
Dannika rides her scooter ahead of me while I push Mattis in the stroller behind her, and bam! We're at the park!



Dannika made some friends at the park, and got in the front seat of some boy's Jeep. Daddy would not approve...lol.
I hope everyone had an awesome weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in SMALL town life {ie: 8500 people} and thought I would NEVER live in a small town again. Even though I have no desire to actually go back to my hometown, small town life is nice. And now, we're in an even small place {ie: 2000 people}

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!