Sunday, June 15, 2014

You Were Born To Move Mountains

Nick has spent 1 out of his 5 years of being a father at home with us for Father's Day.
But it doesn't take away from the fact that he's the most amazing father to our children.



Nick is my hero.
I knew from the moment I met him that he was destined to do great things.
He was born to move mountains.
God had mapped out the life of this 6 foot tall white guy from a tiny little town in Alabama long before he was even born.
God made Nick's potential absolutely limitless. 
HE has shown us time and time again with all his accomplishments as a Marine that He had such unbelievable plans for this wonderful man I get to call my husband.

And since becoming a father on July 12, 2009, and a father once again on August 26, 2013, I've watched him carefully work fatherhood into this great life that he is destined to do amazing things in.

I tell him all the time that he is more present in our lives than some fathers who get to be home every night with their families.
It's the absolute truth.
When he is home, he makes that time count....every single minute of it.
I've never seen a father more involved and sacrifice so much to be present in his children's lives. 
I've never seen a man love so big when he's with our kids.
He has a sense of appreciation for time that most father's do not  have because they get to come home every night, and tuck their kids in.
I truly believe that he is a better father to our children because he's spent countless sacrificial hours, days, months, and even a year away from our children.
The time he has with them is ten times more precious than the time the average father has with their children.

I don't for a second doubt that our children ever feel abandoned or unloved by him.

Happy Father's Day to my hero!
We will celebrate 4 missed Father's Days next year in Texas!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your man! (And we are 2 for 5 on father's days- I feel your pain!)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!