Tuesday, June 17, 2014

And Just Like That

This little angel of mine...

Turned into a Kindergartener today...
Princess crown and all...this is how she went off to her last day of Preschool today.

I seriously can not believe how grown up she looks compared to her first day of school photo.
I mean, you can even tell how much she's grown in height just by comparing her to the chalkboard!
Her "baby face" is slowly fading, and it's almost too much for this mama to handle.

Dannika Jane...my sweet sweet Dannika Jane...

You have the biggest heart I know, and I catch myself learning from you about what true compassion is.
You befriend those who have no friends, and the ones that no one wants to be friends with.
You compromise better than anyone I know...adults and children alike. 
You have such a sweet, sensitive soul, and because of that, you wear your emotions on your sleeve. 
Just like your mama, your feelings are easily hurt.
But, you are truly a rock and a fighter.
You bring me up with your sweet sweet hugs, and your kind words when I am sad and missing daddy.
You've kept me from being lonely through two deployments, a year apart from daddy, and many more times where it's been just you and me.
You've been my sidekick more times than I can count.
You've been through quite a bit in your short (almost) 5 years of precious life.

I can't believe that in just a few short months, I'll be sending you to Kindergarten...
From there, your journey begins....

I love you, sweet girl!

Mattis on her first day of school...

Mattis today...



5 comments:

  1. Aw! I hope she enjoys Kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how tall she's gotten. And I've said this to myself before, but even though she does look like you, I think the older she gets, the more she looks like Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe how much she has grown in just a school year!! She is the cutest, and the sweetest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww they are so just so cute! I hope she has a good year in kindergarten. I cant believe how fast they grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can definitely see a difference. I love these pictures! And the crown!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!