Sunday, March 18, 2012

Curve Balls and the Irish

Happy St. Patty's Day weekend!




Man...my week has been CRAZY!
I have lots to share and lots of big news!!!
 Life tends to throw some crazy curveballs at you, and instead of letting that ball hit you in the fact, dodge it or catch it...and just go with it! I received a phonecall from Nick last week on my way to work....here's the gist of the convo...
Nick: Don't send me anymore care packages...
Me (thinking...OMG...No more care packages?!? The Easter care package is my favorite one to send!!!!) : umm....ok....why?
Nick (in his serious voice) : I'm coming home with 2nd plt
Me (frantic with my heart in my throat jumping to conclusions) : WHY?!?!?!?!?!??!!? Are you hurt?!?!? What is going on?!?!? 
Nick (calmly as always) : No no no...I have orders on April 15th to attend the Bulldog course in Quantico at OCS.

yes....Nick is coming home early...unexpectedly cause his orders are "non-modable" 

I was stunned and shocked because just a few weeks prior, he told me there was NO way the command would send him home early because he was the Battery Gunny.
The bulldog course is a course that is a prerequisite in order for him to be an AMOI at Boston U (ROTC instructor duty). 

I'm thrilled and feel extremely blessed to having him home early out of Afghanistan, but it's almost a tease because just two weeks later, he'll be leaving us again for 8 weeks to go to VA...and if he doesn't get selected for WO, he'll be going to Boston U by September(ish) without Dannika and I. 
My date to get out of the Corps is still so up in the air, so it could be as soon as November that I am out or April of NEXT year.

This gives me anxiety. 
I'd rather him be gone until August on deployment like planned than all this craziness...
I'm looking at being separated from him for longer than 7 months at this point...
But I'm excited about our future.


So...here are our pics from our 11th Sundried Tomato Date...




For St. Patty's day, my friend Jenn came up from San Diego to hang out with Dannika and I.
We went over to our neighbors house who was having a St. Patty's Day party to eat the most amazing Corned beef, potatoes, cabbage, guiness cupcakes with bailey's icing, and my first attempt at Irish nacos.
She threw an awesome party!
Dannika made lots of friends there, and one of our neighbor's friend even let Dannika wear his cowboy hat.
A true Southern Girl...


I had am amazing weekend, and I realized today that today is my LAST Sunday as a 27 year old!
I turn 28 next week!!!!!!!!!

Have a fab week y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I know it seems scary with all the changes and odd separations in the future, but I'm glad you get to see him very soon in the meantime!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!