Sunday, November 20, 2011

Time Out, Betty!

As far as disciplining Dannika, Nick and I choose the "time-out" in the corner method.
It's been EXTREMELY successful for us, and when she does something wrong, it is absolutely DEVASTATING to her if we put her in her time out corner.
I've gotten used to hearing her bawl her eyes out in the corner.
The first few times when we started time out, it was more devastating to me than her (I think).
It's been a rainy day, and I feel the verge of becoming sick, so we've stayed in all day.
It gave me a chance to sit back and watch Dannika play.
It's amazing the imagination a 2 1/2 year old has!
She has a doll named "Betty" after "Ugly Betty" (the doll looks just like her), and she treats it like her child.
I was watching tv when...
I heard her yell, "No Betty! Time Out!"


I don't think I've laughed so hard in a while.
I am currently watching Dannika try and "change Betty's diaper".
She been baby wiping her for the last 10 minutes now.
It's amazing the imagination a 2 1/2 year old has. 
She does something amazing every day to absolutely take me by surprise. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!