Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Family of 3...for the 1st time...

I met my friend Kari in October of 2010 through my good friend Becca.
She came to Becca's Halloween party all pregnant and dressed up like a horse.
Now...
While most of you are thinking...a HORSE??!! What the hell?!
She dressed as a horse for her husband, SSgt Matt Cartier who was forward deployed to a dangerous place...Sangin, Afghanistan. 
He is a Marine with 3rd Battalion 5th Marines...aka...Darkhorse.
For those of you who are not familiar with 3/5 and their amazing and heroic accomplishments in Afghanistan.....let me give you a small recap:
In 7 months...
25 gave their lives....
and.
140 were wounded...

They. Are. Heroes.

Since then, I've gotten to know Kari through the usual Tango Battery wives get togethers and she's become a "Tango" spouse almost...lol.

Her daughter, Madison was born at the beginning of the year, and her husband has seen nothing pictures of her their precious angel. 

When I found out the date he was coming home, I didn't hesitate to ask my Master Guns to give me a half day to go see her husband return from Afghanistan.

My friend Kim took her amazing homecoming pictures, and I showed up with my camera just to get some cool photos on the side.

Welcome Home, Matt!!!
He met his precious baby girl for the FIRST TIME today....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!