Saturday, April 24, 2010

Zenko's


One of my first few months on recruiting duty, the recruiters in my office introduced me to this sushi place right down the road from my office called Zenko's. They have some of the best all you can eat sushi in South Orange County, and have some of the most reasonable prices. I have two favorite rolls there...the jalapeno roll and the lobster roll. The jalapeno roll consists of a fried jalapeno stuffed with spicy tuna, and something else (no clue what it is)...it is SUPERB. The lobster roll is basically a california roll with lobster and some special sauce baked on top of it....again...SO DELICIOUS!!! Tonight, I went there with the Praxedes family and the Yubeta family. Kim's husband Sunny (Yubeta), just got back from a 6 1/2 month deployment last week, so it was our first time meeting up with him since his return. I love both of their families!!! It was good to just be with good friends, have good sushi, and have a glass of (not so good) merlot. Dannika is now at the age where it's not really all that much fun to take her out to eat anywhere. I decided to plan accordingly, and packed a few graham crackers in her diaper bag. She DEVOURED them, and in the meanwhile, gave me a chance to eat my own food while she was distracted. I also missed Nick's phone call tonight cause I didn't hear my phone ring. I had a slight heart attack when I got home and realized I had like 7 missed calls on my cell phone!!!! I did get to talk to him this morning for a brief moment, so I'm not TOO worried about it. We are almost at our halfway point in this deployment. As far as Nick goes, ever since the "incident" at the beginning of his deployment with his unit, they haven't really utilized his unit for anything, so he's been pretty bored. Every time I talk to him, it breaks my heart to hear his voice when he hears Dannika cause I know he misses her a lot. I'm already ready for this to be over!!!


Dannika and I right before goin out for some SUSHI!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!