Saturday, February 9, 2019

A Texas Hill Country Wedding

Hey y'all! It's been a minute. I am failing miserably at my goal of keeping this blog updated more often. I have been meaning to blog about the last wedding we went to sooner, but life happened. Nick left for training, and I've been here pulling mom/dad duty for going on 2 weeks now. You'd think that I'd be a pro at this (for those new to my blog, Nick and I spent a year apart last year), but I'm not.

I guess it's almost been 3 weeks since Mattis and I attended the beautiful marriage of two very dear people to us, Nicolette and Joseph. Nicolette was an integral part of "the Romer tribe" while Nick and I attended college. As if being a full time college student wasn't time consuming (and stressful) enough, we were also actively trying to raise two kids and nurture a marriage through it all. Needless to say, we needed a lot of help, and Nicolette helped us a lot with our kids (a LOT). She was everything from a nanny to a date night baby sitter for us. I actually hate the term "nanny". It sounds overly pretentious, and something that only the rich can afford. Lord knows, as a military family, we are anything but rich. But she was so much more than just a "baby sitter" for our kids and our family. She had her own carseat. She picked them up from school when I needed, picked them up from gymnastics or dropped them off at gymnastics when I couldn't, she fed them Chick Fil A, loved on them, and did everything in between. She became an extension of our family.

So when she asked us if Mattis would be her ring bearer for her wedding, we said YES without hesitation!

Then we found out our family was heading to Okinawa, Japan. One of the first things I thought of when we found out about Japan was her wedding. I told Nick that there was no way that I was going to miss her wedding. I made plans to fly back to the United States so that Mattis could walk down the aisle for her! But we all know Okinawa never happened, and we ended up in Yuma, AZ. This made travel plans a whole heck of a lot easier for us! So Mattis and I headed to San Antonio, TX earlier this month for the long anticipated wedding of our girl! We made it into a fun mother/son trip, and I am so glad that we did it that way!

First class...just because.

The rehearsal dinner was at a local pizza joint called Fralo's.

Familiar faces that Mattis spent lots of time with when he was with Nicolette.

The groom and the ring bearer with an obligatory Gig 'em photo! Joseph is currently in medical school in Galveston!

I think this was the only photo we got of us together that evening.
No kid looks better in a bowtie than Mattis.

First time seeing the bride!

He fit in pretty well with all the guys!

Mattis and the father of the bride!

The wedding was held at the Kendall Plantation right outside of San Antonio in Boerne, TX.
It was clear skies, sunny, and absolutely breathtaking.
It was a perfect day in for January in Texas!

I loved the little details...

The reception area was also beautiful. 
The venue was an antebellum style home converted into reception area.
It was the perfect Texas wedding in the hill country.

I. can't. get. over. Mattis. in. a. tuxedo.

Always a ladies man.



Because Gig 'em...

Mattis was the flossing king at this wedding.
He was a pretty big hit with everyone.

 Mattis and sweet Carlye! 
Carlye is Nicolette's little sister who is now attending Texas A&M.
We got to have her as a babysitter for our kids for just a few months before we moved away!

One last photo with all the pretty girls.

The wedding was beautiful, and I cried. We are so thrilled for Nicolette and Joseph, and we were so honored to be present on their big day! Cheers to love and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!