Thursday, February 16, 2017

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!

Howdy! I didn't get a chance to blog this past week due to some exams I had to study for! This is the first time in a while I have some "time to kill", so I figured I'd hop on the ole blog and give y'all and update on our Valentine's Day!

For those who know me well, y'all know how much I love a holiday and a reason to do extra special things for my family. I get it...some people hate Valentine's Day. "It's commercial." And my favorite...."I celebrate my love for (so and so) EVERYDAY of the year! I don't need a day to show them." (which if you've been married longer than five years and have children, I'm gonna call BS). Nick and I have been happily married for almost a decade now (whoa), and we've been through many ups and downs. We also have two rowdy, lovable kids that take up most of our attention most days. Usually, I am in bed by 9 while Nick is up till 1AM studying, and I am up by 4AM to study while Nick snoozes away. Our marriage is not all romance and frills every single day. Some days, we irritate the heck out of each other, and other days, we can't get enough of each other. It's called balance...it's called marriage. We do make a point to tell each other I love you every day. When I can actually remember, I tell Nick how much I appreciate it when he cleans the house and does the dishes for me. We haven't been up together in a week and a half to do our bible study, because frankly, between studying for tests and kids, we are exhausted. Balance.

But this is why I love Valentine's Day. It's a day to remind us to just take a break from it all, and really celebrate our love for each other and our kids. I love having a reason to do special things for people and my family. And even with all the exams I have been cramming for, I made it a point to make it special.

The kids had heart pancakes, and pink lemonade in "fancy glasses" for breakfast....

 Pancakes are courtesy of Nick!

I like to take fun Valentine's day photos of the kids every year, and use Tiny Prints to make Valentine's Day cards for Dannika to pass out to her class. 
They always turn out super cute, and adds a personal touch to her Valentines.
They're great little gifts for family and friends as well!

 I had a test the day of Dannika's Valentine's Day party, and she was bummed I wouldn't be able to make it.
Literally the first class party I have ever missed of hers!
Luckily, our sweet nanny (Nicolette) went in my place and joined Dannika for her party. 
THANKS!

Nick and I went out on a long overdue date night last Friday as an early Valentine's Day date.
We checked out a local restaurant (Madden's) in downtown Bryan that we have both been dying to try.
It was DELICIOUS, and I can't wait to go back there!

 The night was young (like 730), so we decided to head to a local, Marine veteran owned bar, West End Elixir to have a drink.

Dripping Springs and soda with extra lime...

We were ready to head home by 9pm (because we are old and don't stay out past 9).


I hope y'all had a fun Valentine's Day, whether it was celebrating with your love, your kids, or your friends!
Have a great week!

1 comment:

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!