Sunday, April 29, 2012

Last Weekend as a Family Again

 Let me just start off by writing that when I blog...unless I mention you by name, it's not about you.
I feel I need to write a "disclaimer" from now on.
I wrote a disclaimer on a satirical post I did a few days ago, and apparently, it did not "sit well" with some people who read it, and took it upon themselves to make fun of it and be catty about it on facebook behind my back....and I only found out because it was brought to my attention by a friend of mine.
I left it at that, didn't go bashing anyone on facebook, nor did I contact the said individual because I honestly do believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion.
That's why I'm a Marine, right? 
To give people their right to their own opinions.
I've always stated that this is MY blog, MY thoughts, and MY opinions...that's what a blog is, right?
So if you have read this far and do not like me...please just stop reading.

I think it's finally hitting Nick that our time together as a family is getting shorter.
He leaves in less than a week to Quantico.
Today, he just seemed "off" all day long.
He was moody and just not himself.
I finally just asked him what the hell was wrong with him.
He snapped back, "There's just not enough time for anything. All I want to do is hang out with you and Dannika!"
It broke my heart, and for the first time I felt a pang of sadness hit my heart.
For some reason, sending him off to Afghanistan was easier than sending him just to the other side of the country.
At least when he left for Afghanistan, I was expecting it for almost a year in advance.
I knew for a fact that he was going to be gone 7 months.
This time, it's a year.
I guess it's just the thought that if I weren't in the Marine Corps, I would be relocating my family with him.
Being forced to stay back because of my obligation to the Corps is what makes it worse...at least I think.
It's also the first time that we will not have lived in the same house together. 
So many emotions.
 I tried to cheer him up by including him in some finger painting with Dannika.
Dannika I did some finger painting when he was deployed and we both had a blast doing it.
Let me say, I think it DEFINITELY improved his mood.
I'll let the pictures speak for themself.

The masterpieces

Daddy, Mommy, and Baby handprints. I think I'm gonna frame this one.

It was Nick's suggestion that Dannika finger paint his face...seriously. He also decided to paint her face. I think this is what really cheered him up the most.







And we went fishing again...with no luck...
But it was still fun just to get to hang out with the family.



3 comments:

  1. O so tough. Im sorry that you will be separated and hope that you are able to travel to see each other often. My family is from just north of the quantico area, so if you need any ideas (or a good catholic church, if that is your thing) we know all about triangle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're not catholic, but if you know of any good christian non denominational churches, that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know we really don't know each other, but I will be thinking of you this week and I'll add you to my prayer list.
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!