Monday, March 8, 2010

Every girl loves Tiffany's...


My birthday is March 25th. I'm turning 26 this year. This is the FIRST birthday that I have not looked forward to in my entire life. Two reasons...1) Nick won't be here to celebrate it with me and 2) I am getting freaking OLD! My friend Megan stated that at 30 women become "cougar status". I'm 4 years away from being considered a "cougar". Where has the time gone? I feel like it was yesterday when I was turning 16 and my dad had bought me a shiny red Mustang for my birthday. It feels like it was yesterday when I was leaving the recruiting station at the mall in my hometown of College Station, TX to go to Marine boot camp. It was one of the first times in my life I had really seen my father cry. I'm turning freaking 26!!!!! I have decided that for the next 15 years, I will celebrate being 25. Then when I turn 40, I will celebrate turning 30...good plan, don't you think? ANYWAYS...as you can tell by the title of this post...I love Tiffany's. In fact, the week Nick left, I was so sad that I did some retail therapy and went to Tiffany's and bought myself a necklace. A few weeks ago, I was checking Nick and I's bank account and noticed a transaction made to Tiffany's. I knew right then that Nick had done some shopping for ME! I tried to pry it out of him, and he refused to tell me...all he told me was that it was a birthday gift for me. I came home from work today and saw a package sitting on my front porch. I knew instantly it was from my honey. I opened it IMMEDIATELY and to my surprise found not one, but TWO little blue boxes tied with white ribbon. Diamond earrings and Tiffany's sunglasses! So much for spending all that money this weekend on my Marc Jacobs sunglasses! It's not that Nick got me Tiffany's that made me feel loved, but it's the fact that all the way from Afghanistan...he thought of me....and knew how much I loved a certain brand of jewelery...and the fact that he somehow found a way to get on a computer to order it for me. Ladies...be jealous...and he's taken...and all mine...







And of course...the latest and greatest of Dannika...this is her new favorite toy...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!